For any celebrity, winning or even getting nominated for an Oscar is really a big thing. Getting acknowledged for your work is truly the greatest honor anybody can ever dream of, and some artists spend their entire lives waiting for this honor and a chance at even winning the Oscars. But, for some celebrities, this opportunity came really early in their lives and they were nominated at a very young age for this biggest honor!
Here are some of the actors who were nominated for an Oscar at a very early age and we are not surprised!
1. Tatum O’Neal was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress in Paper Moon and had won it at the age of 9.
2. Quvenzhané Wallis was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the age of 9 in Beats Of The Southern Wild.
3. Justin Henry was probably the youngest to be nominated at the age of 8 as Best Supporting Actor in Kramer Vs. Kramer.
4. Keisha Castle-Hudges was nominated for the Best Actress in The Whale Rider at the age of 13.
5. Haley Joel Osment was absolutely splendid in The Sixth Sense, he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the age of 10, but unfortunately, he didn’t win it.
6. Bonita Granville was nominated as Best Supporting Actress for These Three at the age of 14.
7. The talented actress and singer Hailee Seinfield was nominated for Best Supporting actress in True Grit at the age of 14.
8. Jodie Foster was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress for Taxi Driver at the age of 14.
9. Mary Badham was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the age of 10 for the movie To Kill A Mockingbird.
10. Anna Paquin, this talented actress was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in The Piano at the age of 14 and she had won the award for the same.